Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Jinified: Tabula Rasa

Designing a logo is an odyssey where the designer transcends reality and creativity. Actually I wanted to share with you guys my latest prototypes but before that, I will like to write down my experience while it is still fresh in my head. 

First-Time

An opportunity was handed to me to design the logo for my F1 team, Nemesis Velocidad. Someone else had done the basic framework and I was supposed to finish the design based on some basic concepts.I regretted for not asking more questions on the requirements and expectations before started my design. First step, i fired up Photoshop and played around with the initial design a little bit. I started adding more elements and colours until the right 'feel' hit me. The final result is an elegant logo but with no soul. If I had taken my time to sketch out some more ideas on a piece of paper instead of jumping straight into Photoshop;the logo will definitely looks better. However, my first logo has become part of me and Jinified.....


Tabula rasa

Logo is a visual representation of the designer's mind and soul. Many designers have lost their souls while trying to please their clients. Too little effort has been inputted by the designer to protect his or her idea, instead they succumb to critics and change their designs. A designer should fight hard for his idea and persevere through obstacles and resistance. When something is difficult, it is worth fighting for. You guys should really take 10 minutes to read this article at 99 Percent. What does this have to do with the word Tabula Rasa ? Tabula rasa can be defined as an opportunity to start over without prejudice. In short, it means a young mind untainted with any experience or influence. Every designer should treat every design project as their first and last project. This will sparks new ideas and introduce commitment. You can find out more about Tabula rasa under the link below:


What is Tabula rasa ?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your a piece of your mind