Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Chamber Of Reflection



Working through all your plans and strategies means nothing without a proper review session, albeit I will conduct a self-reflection session every week to find loopholes and flaws. Suddenly, this reminds me of the chamber of reflection mentioned in The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Making your mistakes public requires one to take a giant leap over the endless void within yourself. Today, I will attempt the flaws  in my plan and the goals  I would like to achieve this week.

1. Writing a Journal

It was so difficult to start writing a journal even though keeping one with you will serve as a spiritual and mental guidance. Therefore, I am determined to write my journal starting from today. However I was between the decisions to write an online journal or an analogue journal. After some serious thinking, I have decided that a book will be more portable and feel more 'real'. Do you know that recording your tiny ideas that materialised over the day will help a designer in long term.

2. Devote more hours on website design and programming

A research shows that when a layperson spends 10000 hours on a particular subject, he or she will become an expert after doing that. All my friends have definitely spent more than 10000 hours on gaming. Here I shall declare that you guys are expert gamers. If I could squeeze some extra hour on website design, I believe the result will be astonishing.

3. Craft a suitable sleep pattern


Lately, my biological clock has been seriously messed up. Tuning your circadian clock is no easy task but it is not impossible. It took me 3 days to alter my own inner clock. Just an extra tip, sleeping at the same time every day and avoiding TV or computers really help.

4. Sticking to the schedule

If designing a time table is the first step to a more productive day, then sticking to your schedule makes step number two. Any urgent matters that arise during the course shall be carefully evaluated before start jumping into the wagon. A minor distraction is so deadly that it might destroy one whole day of productive.

5. Using the Pomodoro Technique

Many of you might not heard of this technique before. Pomodoro is actually a kitchen timer but don't misunderstood me, it has nothing to do with cooking. Mostly, I will use Focus Booster which acts like a Pomodoro on my computer. You can set an amount of time before the Pomodoro rings. This will help to remove any distractions for that particular time and really enjoy the ticking sound from the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your a piece of your mind