Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Journey after SPM

DISCLAIMER: This post is going down a very long-winded road. Grab a coffee or something before reading this because it will easily eat up 10 minutes of your time. It is only appropriate that I share with you guys my personal experience after SPM, albeit I have decided to commit a post for this issue. Listening to Melody Gardot while writing this blog gives me endless stamina to keep writing.

# after the exam
I could only use my computer for one day after the Biology paper. Next day, I was strolling on the street of Ipoh city with my father for two days. The vacation was great and relaxing but I really.........miss my computer for the two days. After coming back from Ipoh, my hands were glued to my Logitech keyboard for two days straight (playing Devil May Cry 3). My daily routine is basically wake up, switch on the computer, watch tv, eat, sleep and the cycle remains unbroken for two weeks. 

# working
Some pocket money is always nice. Therefore, I started working in GNC Live Well on 3rd of January 2011. First day of work was really inspiring and it dawned on me that communication skill is vital to closing a deal. There are over 300 products in the store and I had to understand every single detail from the dosage, benefits, features to the range of promotions we were running at the same time. I made a lot of mistakes during my first week with GNC. My worst enemy is the fear to persuade a stranger to buy your products. I am proud that I had managed to speak to customers on my first day of work. My initial impression of sales life is not a very good one. I always view them evil, negative and selfish beings, but it turned out to be quite the opposite. In GNC, we always maximise saving for our customers  no matter how much they buy. Besides that, we ask questions before recommending a products to the customer. We never push a product just for the sake of the incentive itself. I will like to quote words of wisdom from Ziglar, "they don't care how much you know until they know how much you care". The profession of a sales person is never about blurting out all the benefits or features of products. In contrast, we always relate the condition and lifestyle of customers to the features and benefits of our products. I am working at the rate of 8 hours for 6 days a week. Finally, I am able to comprehend the true meaning of tiredness. I insist on working on my personal projects after working because everybody should always have their personal goals. There is no meaning in one's life if he spend the rest of his life working for his company. There are many people who complain about insufficient time in their life due to restrictions and conditions. In my opinion, you do something because you want to not because you have to. Therefore, invest time for your personal growth and be selfish; say NO to request from friends or employers.

# tertiary education
After some extensive research on subjects like Form Six, Foundation, Matriculation and Diploma, I found STPM very challenging. I really miss Penang Free School and all the teachers. Besides that, doing Form Six will give me significant amount of time to hone my computational skill before enrolling in a degree program. Although entering a Foundation program will provide a better exposure, but I prefer learning at my own pace while studying in Form Six. The experience in Form Six will definitely make my life easier during my degree program. Maybe is it just me that enjoy doing something difficult, but I am not saying that A-level is easy at all. Lastly, one last factor that made me choose Form Six is because I really wanted to win 1st place in Global Virtual Classroom competition. 

Good Luck to all my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your a piece of your mind